Friday 18 March 2016

A means to an end

Hello everyone, it has been long since I posted anything,  I won't lie that I have been busy or anything. It is just that I love posting something that really burns in me. A fellow writer would relate to this,  there is that piece that you can't just let go without writing it. Well, am happy to report I got one.
When I started out this blog I was a staunch Christian, I was those people in Long skirts always carrying a Bible around lol. Whenever I look back I just but laugh, but the point was not spiritual stuff it was just day to day struggles. Many will note the Bible verses I quoted back then, not that I can't quote them now. It is just that I used to do it just to give it a spiritual touch, so my Christian friends don't go rebuking me. You know those right?
Back then I was so much invested in people's opinion, their thoughts of me and what nots. Trust me it's the worst way to live life,  always waiting for approval.
Thankfully though, I have gotten out of that oppressive phase and now am real to myself and I always put my happiness first.
Not to mention, I have greatly matured since then, both as a writer and a person. This blog was meant to be a platform for me to showcase my writing skills and passion. I bet I have been doing just that.
Before this gets too long, this post was meant to be for a different topic. One that I have struggled with for a lifetime. Yes, that long.
It is as vulnerable as it gets and it might provoke all kinds of responses. But, I have thought about it and I have to let this burning piece out. If you don't wish to associate with me, y'all fake friends it's all good. For at the end of the day is about me and what I am as a person.
Mum,am glad you don't know I have a blog cause I ain't ready for you to read this just yet. Although,  if you do it's all good, it will have saved me a very awkward conversation.
To all my relatives who might get to read this, am still the same jarkie.
To all my classmates, I will try and adapt to the awkward looks and weird glances.
To my Christian friends, keep the Bible verses coming lol, I always read them before I delete.
One blogger once said that, there is nothing as freeing as being as vulnerable and as honest as you can get in your blog. And I agree with him 100%,there is just some liberation that comes with it. That's why I wanna do it even though it might turn out bad.
Lemme get right to it. I will write it inform of a letter. But in a different post coming real soon, this has gotten too long. Since am one person who dislikes reading a long post I will make it short you y'all by leaving it at that.
Love you all my faithful readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment