Tuesday 11 November 2014

Parental demeanors

I have to ask this and please help me out guys,what does respecting your parents mean?I know what you are thinking,daah simple obey and do what they tell you.Respect accrding to my dictionary is to show admiration for somebody or something because of their good qualities or achievements.Moreover,polite behaviour towards or care for somebody or something that you think is important.In this context am tempted to ask what does showing admiration or polite behaviour like?

According to what has prompted me to write this,i have been obliged to believe is going along with everything the parents tell you without questioning.And questioning is counted as disrespect to those who were raised by parents who thought the same.My main question is what do i profit by just accepting everything without airing my views?And if i dnt i will end up complain in myself and bottling up emotion.

I know,understand and obey ephesians 6:1-3 but i must insist on verse 4 that states"Fathers,do not exasperate your children;instead,bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
Exasperate means to annoy or irritate somebody very much.
This are the times i get on my knees and pray for grace to handle thia amount of emotion and hope that in my next generation i will treat my kids in a different  way.
Giving them a platform to express their feeling and their view of everything,though in all this show respect.With the psychology i have read bottling up emotion leads to even great mental complications and disorders.
Nevertheless,i know am not the only one struggling with this kind of emotions but lets all remember how far our parents have brought us up.They may fall short of some things that may be of greater value to ourselves but they are still our parents.Lets pray that the lord shall help us to accept and learn how to deal with such emotions. And to not end up in an emotional outburst that will lead to saying things we will regret.
I have to admit i hope i get this into my system and heal my tantrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment